Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Morkie puppy, and you live In the Ohio area? However, you will want to choose reputable Morkie breeders in Ohio who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Ohio, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Ohio with all of their information.
Top 5+ Morkie Breeders In Ohio, OH
1) Bogner Acres
- Location: 6353 Dewey Rd, Thompson, OH 44060, United States
- Website: http://bogneracres.com
- Phone Number: +14402983089
- Directions: Bogner Acres
2) PREMIER PUPS
- Location: 13298 Miller Rd NW, Johnstown, OH 43031, United States
- Website: http://www.premierpups.com/
- Phone Number: +17408093074
- Directions: PREMIER PUPS
3) Little Puppies
- Location: 16149 Wooster Rd, Mt Vernon, OH 43050, United States
- Website: https://www.littlepuppiesonline.com
- Phone Number: +17405016746
- Directions: Little Puppies
4) Morkie Babies
- Location: Dayton, OH 45402, United States
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/morkiebabiesss
- Contact: Facebook PM for details
5) Riverside Puppies Ohio
- Location: 702 Calder Ridge Road, Belpre, Ohio 45714, United States
- Website: https://www.riversidepuppies.net/
- Phone Number: +1 740-336-4633
- Location: Ohio, United States
- Website: https://www.buckeyepuppies.com
- Contact: https://www.buckeyepuppies.com/form/contact-0
- Location: 5294 Alert New London Rd, Hamilton, OH 45013, United States
- Website: http://www.toypupsohio.com/
- Phone Number: +15134706009
Why Buy a Morkie From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Morkie Breed Overview
Morkies are decorative dogs, one of the smallest dogs in the world. Morkies are compact and graceful dogs. Their Posture is emphatically proud and important. The dog looks strong and balanced.
The breed standard describes animals as follows:
- the head is compact, the skull is flat, the muzzle is rather short;
- the nose is black;
- the jaws are strong, closed in a scissor bite;
- medium-sized eyes, look straight, lively, curious, and intelligent;
- ears are small, triangular, erect;
- the body is harmonious, the back is straight, the loin is strong;
- the height at the withers is approximately equal to the height of the croup;
- the tail was previously subject to docking, since 2009 there are no restrictions on this, covered with a thick coat of a darker shade than the main color;
- limbs straight and parallel.
How To Choose a Morkie Puppy?
To choose a Morkie puppy, you should study the breed standard, talk to current owners and find a reliable breeder. It is not recommended to purchase dogs from private individuals – there is a high risk of getting a sick or non-purebred animal. The breeder needs to:
- talks about their puppies with love and enthusiasm;
- answers any questions without delay;
- sincerely interested in the further fate of the animals.
If the breeder is silent or only praises the litter without pointing out the shortcomings, it is better to refuse the purchase.
In a healthy puppy:
- clear look;
- clean eyes, ears, and nose;
- shiny coat;
- moderately well-fed physique.
A Morkie puppy should be friendly, curious, and playful. You should not take the most active puppy – it will cause a lot of trouble in the future. To find “your” pet, it is recommended to be alone with each one of them for a few minutes. When choosing a Morkie puppy, it is necessary to determine in advance the sex of the future pet – a boy or a girl.
They have different habits and temperaments, so you should not take the only dog left by the breeder. There is a great risk of being disappointed in your pet. So who is better – a boy or a girl?
It is known about Morkie boys that they are more capricious. In adolescence, a Morkie male will definitely try to take a leadership position. The owner should be patient and purposefully raise the puppy. Then he will grow into a kind and obedient dog
A morkie boy will mark the territory. Sensing a female in heat, he can stop responding to commands and run away. However, a purebred dog will make a good breeder.
The Morkie girl is more affectionate and loyal. She is not inclined to dominate and needs more communication with a person. Twice a year, females have a problem period – estrus. At this time, they need to be protected from communication with males, if the owner is not going to engage in breeding.
It is believed that a Morkie girl learns faster. However, each case is different. How a pet grows up depends more on the conditions of detention and upbringing than on innate qualities.
It is impossible to unequivocally say who is better – a boy or a girl. Both sexes have advantages and disadvantages. The choice depends on the experience and character of the owner, as well as on the goals pursued
How Much is Average Price of a Morkie Puppy in Ohio?
A Morkie puppy in Ohio has an average price of $1000-$2300. Some Breeders could even offer Morkie puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Morkie puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Morkie Puppy
A Morkie puppy from a good kennel or breeder moves to a permanent place of residence no earlier than 2.5-3 months. Therefore, future owners have time to prepare. To make the life of the Morkie comfortable, they purchase for it in advance:
- sleeping place;
- harness and leash;
- hygiene products;
- grooming tools;
- bowls for food and water.
For safety reasons, wires, medicines, household chemicals, and houseplants are hidden in the house where the Maltese puppy will live. If you don’t want your new puppy to spoil the carpets, it is better to remove them until it gets potty trained.
After arrival, the puppy is given time to adapt and allowed to familiarize itself with the new home. A Morkie puppy must be shown where it can eat and rest. And so that it’s not so acutely worried about separation from its mother, a little thing with the smell of its mother is placed on its bed.
When a Morkie puppy gets used to its owners, it is taught to calmly relate to hygiene procedures and adhere to the rules of behavior.
So that the puppy does not grow up spoiled, it’s not allowed to:
- sleep on upholstered furniture.
Make sure that your Morkie puppy is vaccinated to prevent any unwanted infections. The puppy should be vaccinated for the following:
- from the plague;
- parvo and coronavirus enteritis.
The first vaccination of a Morkie puppy is done at 8-9 weeks and is repeated after 21 days. Before that, it’s given anthelmintic drugs, the dosage of which is calculated strictly by weight.
Antihelminthic treatment for a Morkie is recommended to be carried out twice with a break of 10-14 days.
Morkie Puppies For Sale in Ohio
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Morkie puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Morkie puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Morkie Breeders Other States
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Morkie puppy.
The Morkie dog resembles a cute toy, but a fearless hunter lives in its soul. This is an excellent companion, loyal friend, and brave defender, ready to fight any opponent.