Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Cocker Spaniel Puppy, and you live In the Texas area? However, you will want to choose reputable Cocker Spaniel breeders in Texas who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Top 3 Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Texas, TX
Why Buy a Cocker Spaniel From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Cocker Spaniel Breed Overview
The Cocker Spaniel was originally intended for hunting. Over time, an intelligent, loyal dog with an innate fearlessness and excellent instinct won the hearts of people of different ages and professions. A cheerful disposition and tenderness to the owner gradually supplanted the hunting spirit and allowed the dog to become a real friend and companion.
The English Cocker Spaniel is a small, muscular, hardy animal. According to the breed description given in the FCI standard No. 5 (23.11.2012 / EN), the dog must meet the following characteristics:
- The weight of an adult animal is 32-35 pounds.
- Height at the withers. Depending on the floor 15-16 Inches.
- Head. In proportion to the body, with a moderately short skull, not extended in width. Has a pronounced transition from the skull to the muzzle, located in the middle between the tip of the nose and the occiput
- Muzzle. The muzzle is square in shape, wide enough with large nostrils to provide a sense of power.
- Jaws. Massive, with a classic scissors bite.
- Eyes. Hazel, occasionally nutty, large.
- Nose. Fleshy, wide.
- Cocker spaniel ears. Long, drooping, oval. Covered with silky hair.
- Neck. Strong, not very long, without folds.
- Frame. Compact, with a massive short croup and a straight back. The chest is not very deep.
- Extremities. Straight, strong.
- Paws. Rounded, with soft pads.
- Tail. Mobile. Docked for hunting purposes.
The English Cocker Spaniel is often confused with its American counterpart. This is fundamentally wrong. Although the dogs had common ancestors and some of the characteristics of the breeds are the same, there are a number of differences:
- The “American” looks more decorative and has a luxurious coat. The “Englishman” is more like a working animal.
- The American Cocker Spaniel has a small head, while the English has a slightly larger and more rounded head.
- The British spaniel is more active and in constant motion.
Important! Experts consider a humpback back, malocclusion, pink lobe, depigmentation of the lips, aggressiveness to be a disqualifying defect of the English Cocker Spaniel.
How To Choose a Cocker Spaniel Puppy?
You can pick up a Cocker Spaniel puppy from the Breeder at the age of 13-16 weeks. During this period, it already begins to independently explore the world around it, gradually moves away from its mother, and acquires the necessary skills. For a perfect purchase and to avoid disappointment later, when choosing a puppy, you should pay attention to:
- The puppies activity;
- its appearance;
- the presence of vaccinations;
- the health of the puppy and its parents;
- availability of the necessary documents and pedigree;
- conditions of detention.
How Much is Average Price of a Coker Spaniel Puppy in Texas?
A Cocker Spaniel puppy in Texas has an average price of $1200-$2200. Some Breeders could even offer Cocker Spaniel puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Cocker Spaniel puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Cocker Spaniel Puppy
Proper care of an English Cocker Spaniel puppy, in addition to training and grooming, includes the organization of a balanced diet and adequate physical activity. The weight of the puppy and its state of health directly depends on this.
|Age||Diet||Spaniel training by month|
|Puppies up to 9 weeks||In small portions 6 times a day (approximately 4 tablespoons at a time).||Homework|
|2 – 4-month-old puppies||4 – 6 times a day.||Visiting the puppy playground 1 – 2 times a week, as well as walking for 20 minutes. in the yard|
|Cocker spaniel 5 months||3-4 times a day.||General course of training and daily walks at a distance of about.5 miles.|
|Puppies 6 months – 1 year||2-3 times, but the serving size increases.||Training with the ball, walking (the distance remains the same).|
|Spaniels at 1 year old||1 – 2 times a day.||Walking and jogging for a distance of up to 1 mile (with breaks). The distance can be gradually increased.|
Important! Young puppies need to include milk in their diet. Adults do not assimilate this product.
Cocker Spaniel Puppies For Sale in Texas
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Cocker Spaniel puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Cocker Spaniel Breeders Other States
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In New Jersey
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Oregon
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Massachusetts
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Minnesota
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Iowa
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Wisconsin
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Georgia
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In California
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Indiana
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Colorado
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Washington
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Florida
- Cocker spaniel Breeders In New York
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Missouri
- Cocker spaniel Breeders In Ohio
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Michigan
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Pennsylvania
- Cocker Spaniel Breeders In Virginia
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Cocker Spaniel puppy.
The English Cocker Spaniel is an impossible breed to get bored with. Active, intelligent, friendly, unpretentious – It will surely find a place in the heart of every dog lover.